CATHOLIC CHURCH ST. GEORG, EGGSTÄTT
Catholic Church St. Georg
Conservation of all choir and nave windows (cycle from 1881 and 1892 – 93) plus gallery and sacristy windows (ca. 1860) including the installation of an external protective glazing
Very difficult and complex conservation: The interior of the panels was extensively covered with putty and silicon as a result of several earlier interventions. The high-quality, multilayered painting was severely damaged and partially already lost due to condensation. Hence the tenacious residues had to be removed extremely carefully and only as far as possible, not to endanger the sensitive paint layers.