A few weeks ago, in the tiny village of Kenz near Barth (in the county of West Pomerania Rügen), Derix Glasstudios Taunusstein began their work on restoring the medieval stained glass windows of the former pilgrims' church of St. Mary. The glazing involves six windows from the year 1430, which represent the country's most significant and largest collection of glass paintings from the Middle Ages. This important restoration project by Derix Glasstudios Taunusstein has attracted a lot of media attention and has therefore been monitored by various media representatives.
A very special project: major restoration of the church windows in Naumburg Cathedral The Naumburg Cathedral of St Peter and St Paul is one of the most significant edifices of the European High Middle Ages – an outstanding architectural ensemble of cloister, cathedral garden and curia building. The late Romanesque/early [...]